Dallas Then And Now
11" x 9.5"
The landmarks, architecture, street scenes, stores, businesses, schools, and fairgrounds of yesteryear are revisited to see what has been preserved or what stands in their place today
John Neely Bryan built the first cabin on the side of the Trinity River in 1841, and by 1845, when Texas was admitted to the Union, Dallas County and the town of Dallas were established, taking their name from President James K. Polk's vice-president George Mifflin Dallas. This collection uses vintage photographs chosen from nearly a million cataloged in the Dallas Public Library from the early days of photography up until the 1960s. Sites include Oak Cliff Viaduct, Founder's Cabin, the Old Red Courthouse, Dealey Plaza, Trinity River, Union Station, Lamar Street, Elm Street, Magnolia Petroleum building, Dallas Scottish Rite, the Adolphus Hotel, Love Field, Dallas Hall, and the State Fairgrounds.
Estimated Production Time: Up to 3 Business days
This item is no longer available.